Tuesday, November 29, 2011

Fenders keep your Brompton bike from being a clothes rack

I got soaked on my Brompton bike today! My morning commute left me with a whole wardrobe of wet clothes. It ended up looking more like a clothes rack than a folding bicycle! It's important to consider whether riding in the rain will factor into your folding bicycle purchase.

With a Brompton folding bicycle you have the option of adding fenders to the bike when ordering. I would recommend this to 99% of our customers with the only exception being those who will seldom get on the seat and take hold of the handlebars. Think about puddles! No one wants a wet butt. :) So, when you build a custom Brompton bike be sure to add fenders - or not (your choice!).

3 comments:

  1. I whole heartedly agree. I'm an expat living in Singapore, and at this time of year it's either raining or your riding through the puddles from the rain, and some of them can be quite deep. My M6R with guards protected me well, no a single drop up my back, only my feet got wet from the deep sprays, but that was OK, as I wore adventure sandals knowing this would happen. With dry clothes at home, or shoes and socks in my bag, I can cycle knowing I won't look like a drowned rat at my destination.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Certain parts of a cruiser will rust if left out in wet conditions, especially the chain, and if the chain rusts you cruiser will not ride as smooth as it should.
    bicycle grips

    ReplyDelete
  3. Obey all traffic laws and signs when riding your beach cruiser. Although most people don't need to be reminded of this, we just want to ensure the safety of everyone that buys a beach cruiser from them.
    bicycle grips

    ReplyDelete